John Cusick

John Cusick married Martha Black at Opequon VA. They were part of the caravan to Wolf Hill in 1772 where they homesteaded at an undocumented tract. John was one of the callers to Rev. Charles Cummings to Sinking Spring Presbyterian Church, Blacks Fort VA. In 1783 John and Martha moved to Knob Creek, across the ridge from Boyds Creek. Their son Joseph married an Elizabeth Blackburn daughter, Jane Blackburn (his 1st cousin) and lived adjoining her mother’s farm. The Blount County courthouse is on Cusick Street at the center of Maryville TN named for the Cusicks.